Wednesday, February 22, 2012

dirt and ashes

For those of you who don't know, today is Ash Wednesday; the beginning of the season of Lent. With the traces of a cross still brushed across my forehead, I am sitting here writing this post and thinking about what this season means for me this year.

These next 40 days I am choosing to stop wasting precious time on my computer and only use it for things that are worthwhile and even then, sparingly. I am choosing to spend my time reading about Jesus every day, whether that be the Bible or other books about this man and the way he lived his life. And I am choosing to spend at least 5 minutes a day in intentional silence and stillness. You may call it meditation, reflection, relaxation. Whatever the term, I am choosing to stop at least once a day and allow my heart and mind some space to just be.

I am excited to see what this season of sacrifice and focus and intention will turn out to be and what I will learn and discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment