Thursday, April 7, 2011

henry

There is a man who signs his name simply "henry." He has been somewhat of a mystery to me ever since I journeyed to Seattle and began to call this place home. He colors the city with whimsical creatures and childlike imagination. What used to be blank walls, garage doors, even cars and buses are now brilliant pieces of art that brighten any gray Seattle day. Until today, all I have known of henry is what I have just shared with you. But as my wonder has grown, I did a little research and am even more inspired by "henry" who I now know has a full name: Ryan Henry Ward. A man who has a dream to paint 50 murals throughout Seattle, brightening up ordinary spaces. And yet, he has even bigger dreams. Dreams of traveling to the developing world and helping people through art and even more murals. Dreams like this inspire me to dream. So thank you, henry, for dreaming and painting and sharing your gift with the world.

For an article all about henry see:

http://monkeygoggles.com/?p=1824

And here is henry's webpage:

http://www.ryanhenryward.com

No comments:

Post a Comment