Monday, January 16, 2012

Be Honest.

As I'm cozied up on the couch, having finally celebrated Christmas with my roommate (by the way, celebrating a second Christmas a month after Christmas is the best idea ever) and looking out the window at a blanket of white, anticipating more snow for the next few days, I am feeling calm and nostalgic, wanting to look at my life with fresh, appreciative eyes. My resolution for 2011 was to take risks. Sounds simple, I know, but I am not necessarily always a natural risk taker and living an entire year through the lens of risk taking was quite an undertaking. And yet, it has framed the way I live my life and is a lens I hope to look through and live for the rest of my life. I took risks in relationships. I learned to be confident in me. I started actually doing instead of just talking. I really lived.

And so this year, in keeping with the idea of choosing an overarching theme to aim for and shape every aspect of my life, I have chosen to be honest. I want to be honest with myself and be ok with whatever that may mean. I want to be honest with the people in my life. I want to really tell people how I feel. I want to have the confidence to say what I need to say, even when it is difficult.

So cheers, to honesty and living and fresh beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment