Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday Morning

Dear Monday Morning, I have fought with you, welcomed you, and at times slept through you. You are always faithful to arrive about a day early. The weekend passes, refreshing and full of adventures but often lacking in productivity and then you come along and remind me what I failed to do over the weekend. Overwhelmed, I roll out of bed to make coffee and soon enough I have so many thoughts and to-do lists flying around in my head that if I don't let them out, I think I might explode. And although I often dread your arrival, you never cease to remind me of the beauty of a fresh start and picking up where I left off. Today picking up where I left off means sorting through loan paperwork and trying to start my taxes and sending emails I neglected over the weekend. But, Monday Morning, you offer me grace; a few hours before my busy week actually begins, a buffer zone if you will. I'm sorry I don't often welcome you with open arms, for another week to live and breathe is a gift indeed. And you are the bringer of that gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment